Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nourishing Traditions

If I were the name-calling type (and probably I am), I would have many unfortunate names to call Sally Fallon.  I skimmed her book, "Nourishing Traditions" and was so overwhelmed!

This book was full of really amazing and true information.  But to make the changes it called for...I threw in the towel.  Like my kids would ever eat lacto-fermented anything!  And raw milk? No way.

Plus, to make the recipes in this book would take a lot of planning ahead.  To quote a famous cartoon dad, "If something is hard to do, then it is not worth doing." Embraced!

Sadly, Homer Simpson is an idiot.  And now my husband has a fatty liver. 

And I started making kefir. Baby steps, right? (and am I not cute as a blonde?)

I have loads more changes to make!  For now, I forsake chicken nuggets and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  We'll see how it goes from there!



Loved by: