Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ramadan 2011

Did you know the month of August 2011 brings about Ramadan, one of the five pillars of Islam?  What is Ramadan?  You can read a simple explanation of it here.

The brilliant Pastor Wally says that ISLAM means to him: I  Sincerely Love All Muslims.  After 11 years in Saudi Arabia, the last part spent in prison on death row, he can still say he loves Muslims.

Well, I love them too.  I remember in college ministry, I had a few friends who were passionate about taking the Gospel of Jesus to Muslims.  I thought they were nuts.

Now I am the one who is nuts.  Over the past two years, God has drawn my heart to Muslims.  It began with a powerful presentation from Josh McDowell.  Then continued with crossing paths with Muslim women, lots of them.  Then a class in world missions, followed by coming alongside an immigrant family from Kazakhstan (Muslim background Believers).  All of these amazingly God orchestrated events confirm Scripture (most profoundly John 17:3).

So, join me in praying this month of Fasting and Prayer. Pray for Jesus to reveal Himself in dreams and visions to the Muslims in your life and to the Muslims the world over.  Pray! And fast!

Loved by: